TIPS FOR BUYING A USED CAR
There is often a risk associated with buying used cars. One does not know how the car has been cared for or driven. There will be maintenance cost and the repairs required if any, which may not be the care when you have a new car.
Here are a few tips to buy a used car
- Check on the resale values of the used car using online tools that will give you average values. This resale value is calculated by the vehicles condition, mileage, history, year of manufacture etc.
- Inspect the components of the car, ask the dealer for a checklist of the components that have been inspected.
- It is very important to know the history of the car that you are buying. The history will show you vehicle repair and maintenance history.
- Check the new car warranty remainder. Make sure it is clear and in writing. That way you can use the remainder warranty of the new car bought by the original owner. This is transferable.
- In case you change your mind or want a better deal, ask the dealer beforehand if there is a return policy. If yes than what is the time period and what is the amount that would be You need to keep in mind and ask if the sales tax, license fees or the registration fees would be refunded or not.
- Do not forget to take the used cars in el cajon for a long test drive.
- Just because it is a used car and you are already paying lesser amount for it does not mean that there is no room for negotiation on the price. You should know your budget and stick to it. Understand that negotiation is not a time for you to reconsider buying a whole new different upgraded model for more price. Yes, for a few extra dollars if you are getting better features, go ahead but knowing you budget and sticking to it is utmost important.